Master Technician - Acura Highland Park in Highland Park, IL
Acura Highland Park is part of one of the best automotive groups (Murgado Automotive Group) in the country. We strongly believe that our team is what makes our dealerships best in class. When you join our team, you become more than an employee; you become part of a friendly, tight-knit family. We care about you and your dreams, ambitions and goals. And the opportunity for growth is endless. We only promote from within our company and the sky is the limit.
Come and join our team!
We are always on the lookout for positive and enthusiastic people to join us as a Master Technician
- Medical Plan, Dental Plan, Vision Plan
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Supplemental Insurances
- Paid Vacation time
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards
- Diagnoses cause of any malfunction and performs repair
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended
- Communicates with service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Road tests vehicles when required or refers to the test technician.
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Supervises work of any other technicians as assigned.
- Ensures that customers' cars are kept clean. Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Understands, keeps abreast of and complies with federal, state and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- 4 years of experience in a similar position
- Strong working knowledge of the automotive sales industry including luxury vehicles
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of vehicle maintenance and repair
- Ability to achieve high productivity and efficiency
- Possess good communication skills with the ability to explain technical information to colleagues and customers accurately and concisely
- Quality focused with first time fix mentality
- A high level of accuracy with excellent attention to detail
- Positive with a can-do attitude
- Honest with high levels of integrity
- Self-motivated and customer focused
- Thorough and able to work with defined processes and guidelines
- Team Player – assist other technicians when workshop is under pressure, and take ownership of any safety issues you identify in the workshop
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.