Discover Your Choices at Acura Highland Park
Our Acura lease return process begins at Acura Highland Park. If your Acura lease ends soon, you can rest assured that our staff is ready, willing, and able to help you take the necessary steps to return your leased car and explore your end of lease options. Read below to find out more about lease takeovers, lease buyouts, lease upgrades, and more!
- Start a New Lease: After you return your leased car, you can choose one of our new vehicles from our inventory and bring it home.
- Close Your Account: If you’d prefer to explore other car financing options, you can simply pay any remaining fees and let us know that you won’t be leasing a new vehicle at the end of your lease!
- Perform a Lease Buyout: If you decide to purchase your leased vehicle, you can negotiate on the price and bring it home with you for good.
- Request an Extension: One-time only, six-month lease extensions are available for drivers who have maintained their contract in good faith.
Prepare to Return Your Lease
Preparing to return a leased car requires a little bit of work. However, those who take the necessary steps won’t have to worry about surprises when visiting our lease return center. Here’s what you should take care of in advance:
- Complete All Scheduled Maintenance: It’s important to keep up with every item on your maintenance checklist. Ignoring or skipping any necessary repairs will cost you when your Acura lease ends.
- Clean Your Vehicle: Take out any personal items or garbage from the interior cabin and delete any personal data from the onboard computers. As long as you wipe down the interior windows and vacuum the floor mats, we’ll take care of any exterior blemishes.
- Gather Your Key Fobs and Accessories: Any items such as key fobs and other gadgets that came with the vehicle will need to be returned at the end of your lease. Failure to do so will result in charges to your account.
- Schedule a Pre-Inspection: Acura Highland Park performs a standard inspection when you return the leased vehicle, however, scheduling a pre-inspection allows you to catch excess wear and tear before it results in additional charges.
If you often find yourself wondering, “Can I end my car lease early,”the experts at Acura Highland Park have got you covered. A lease buyout is a process of purchasing the vehicle that you’ve been leasing, but we can’t fully answer the question, “What is a lease buyout,” unless we dig into the differences between early and lease-end buyouts:
- A Lease-End Buyout is the Most Common Type of Buyout: Generally speaking, you’ll finance whatever remains of your vehicle’s value at the end of your leasing term. While the buyout price may be written into your contract, negotiation is possible in some cases. If you’re considering a lease buyout, it’s important to conduct your own research and make sure that the vehicle is worth its weight in gold.
- Early Lease Buyouts Are a Little More Complicated: They may be expressly prohibited by your contract, and even in the best cases, you’ll probably need to account for early termination fees. Still, an early lease buyout could help you avoid costly lease-end charges due to excess wear and tear, so you might save in the long run.
- A Car Lease Takeover May be an Option for the Driver Who No Longer Has a Use For Their Leased Vehicle: If you can find someone who is willing to take on the financial responsibilities and obligations associated with your lease, contact our Acura lease return center to learn more about passing your vehicle on to another Woodbury driver.
Explore Your Lease Options with Acura Highland Park Today!
Reach out to us here at Acura Highland Park today to find out more about the Acura lease return process from our experts, explore financing options further with our savvy Financiers, and schedule a test drive of any vehicles you’re potentially interested in leasing! We look forward to having you on our Libertyville lot soon!